Monday, March 8, 2010

Valentines Day & Dinosaurs


This is one of my favorite funny pictures from Thomas' 21-month pictures at Portrait Innovations.  Ms. Kathleen always does a great job and she loves to see how big Thomas is getting.  He was stuck to Mommy for the first five minutes (which is odd, considering that has been like a second home to us...), but after that he was hamming it up for the camera.  He was, however, more interested in playing with the soccer ball and the bubbles.  I think he thinks it is a play place, where they just happen to have cameras to capture the action.  Here is another good one.

We had a very nice and relaxing Valentine's Day.  I got up and made heart-shaped pancakes and bacon for the guys.

Thomas spent a night away with his Grandma and Grandaddy.  They took him to Myrtle Beach to see Uncle Ryan and Aunt Cassie.  He had a blast riding his 4-wheeler and eating ice cream at Uncle Ryan's ice cream shop.  When we called to check-in, they happened to be at the shop and when we talked to Thomas on the phone, the first thing he said was "ice cream!"  I think he enjoyed it!

Last weekend we went to the Museum of Natural Sciences in Downtown Raleigh.  That place has so much to see, some of which was interesting for Thomas and some...not so much.  He did enjoy seeing the dinosaurs and the fish.  By the time we got up to the butterflies and various other animals, I think he had seen all he wanted to see.  He was very interested in standing in a window sill on the top floor and looking out over the buildings.

We often drive by the tower at the WRAL studios near our house and the NC State Bell Tower.  He points enthusiastically and says "TOWER!!!"  Now, when we drive by any building over 3 stories, he shouts "TOWER!!"  It's cute.  He's saying more and more cute stuff and I really need to get better at writing them down as I go.  Today I noticed him lining up his cars, as usual.  He moved one to the front of the line and said "excuse me".

We typically would have a pancake or a waffle for breakfast, but recently I let him try some of Mommy's oatmeal.  He loved it and ate the entire bowl.  So, now he is enjoying his oatmeal most mornings.  He's pretty good at feeding himself.  I will say, the bibs with the pocket at the bottom are worth every penny!

So, Thomas is now 22 months old and we are hurtling toward his birthday.  Can't believe my little man will be 2 soon.  He's such a sweet boy and has such a kind spirit.  Recently he's been holding out his arms to ask for a hug.  Instead of saying "hug" he just tilts his head to the side and says "awwwww" with a grin on his face.  That's the same thing we hear after we take his picture.  He says "cheese" and then does the head tilt, awwww thing.  So funny and so sweet!  I love my little man.

2 comments:

  1. What a great post, Lauren! You are such a wonderful mommy. That Thomas is one blessed little fella. And I must comment on the heart shaped pancakes- EXCELLENT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! I love the pictures and the words coming from your little man! The "awwwww" for a hug is especially endearing! Can't believe he is almost 2! It goes so quickly!!!

    ReplyDelete