Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Blizzard of 2010

Yep, we got snow.  Not much, but enough to have fun with...and enough to be tired of it 3 days later.  It snowed on Friday night, overnight, and sleeted for most of the day on Saturday.  We tried to get out in it Saturday afternoon, but not for long.  It was cold and windy.  So, Sunday we made it out before lunch.  I put together a sled out of a cardboard box, garbage bags and duct tape.  It was perfect for the few times we sledded down a little hill in our back yard.  Thomas had fun and kept saying "adin, adin" (again).

For all the parents out there, can I express a frustration?  When are they going to come up with gloves that actually stay on my child's hands.  We spent most of the time pulling them back on and then we just gave up.  He played in the snow with bare hands.  I just checked them often and figured we'd head in if they got too cold.  The mittens don't work and we haven't even tried the gloves with fingers yet.  I can't even get his thumb in the right place in the mittens, much less every finger where it belongs in a glove!  Am I the only one that feels this way?

Moving right along, after playing in the snow, we came inside and had hot chocolate and grilled cheese for lunch.  We also had chili this weekend.  There is something about those foods when you've been out playing in the snow.  Makes for a perfect day!

Thomas has been playing a lot of basketball on his kid-size hoop recently.  It is on the lowest setting and the rim is still about 2 feet above his head.  He likes when we pick him up, but he'll also throw it himself and does a pretty good job.  He'll make a real basket every once in a while.  When he doesn't make the shot he smiles and says "misssssssssssss".  Makes me giggle.

So, the snow is finally melting away and we are getting back to normal.  I felt like I'd been freed from jail when we were able to drive somewhere yesterday!!  If you had snow, I hope you had fun in it.

3 comments:

  1. Ditto on the mittens/gloves! For some reason Grayson's right mitten would not stay on. ONLY the right one. What kind of sense does that make??? Yes, I share in your frustration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also sharing in the frustration. We took Daniel's off completely and had to fix Jeremy's too many times to count - and he's 4!!! I honestly couldn't figure out whether it was because the fingers were too big or too little! Oh well, at least we only have to struggle with mittens once or twice a year :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can totally relate to the mitten frustration!! I will have to ask my neighbor where she got her 3 year old's - they actually stayed on...I will let you know. :)

    ReplyDelete