Sunday, July 17, 2011

Hurry Up And Wait

That's what we're up to these days.  We are busy waiting.  Today, I am 38 weeks and 3 days pregnant and we're smack in the middle of that time where she could come anytime, but it could also be another couple of weeks.  Thomas was 5 days late, but I swear I feel like I can't possibly carry this baby that long.  So, the waiting continues.  We're pretty much ready.  Her room still has bags of random stuff for which I have not found storage yet.  Funny how this time around, I'm not near as worried about being completely "ready" as I was last time.  With Thomas I wanted everything to be in it's place, clean, put away, etc.  This time....I'm just glad we have the crib up with clean bedding!  The rest will just have to come together.  She has some clothes to wear and they are clean and in drawers/closet.  We're good!
  
38 weeks 3 days
We're all ready for Caroline to make her grand entrance into the world.  Thomas is already including her in family activities.  He makes sure that we remember to include her in our family of 4.  The other day, he said that "Me, Mommy & Caroline are going grocery shopping".  Thomas is really a big boy these days and is ready to be Mommy's big helper.  He has more and more funny things to say...

"Mommy (sigh)....here's the deal"
"Daddy, you're a big guy who works hard for us"

Wish I could remember more...maybe if I blogged more often.......anyway.

We've also been working on potty training.  I was just going to wait until after Caroline was born, but one day he seemed interested (mainly in the M&M's) and I figured, why not?  So, off we went.  It's going OK.  He decided that he needed to wear his Cars rain boots for the occasion the other day.  It was too cute not to capture in a picture.

Pee-pee is pretty reliable, but we're currently working on getting poo-poo in the potty.  We're done with the M&M's and now we've upped the anty to 2 Double Stuf Oreo's.  No success yet, but I'm hopeful.  The only problem with the scenario is that means we always have to have a package of Oreo's in the house.  We've gone through 3 packages in the past 4 weeks.  I've eaten most of those Oreo's.  Guess I better enjoy them while I can.... 

Maybe next time I'll be posting hospital pictures of Sweet Caroline??!!  :) 

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait for this sweet baby to make her appearance. I'm ready to not be the only sleep deprived mama around here! Aren't you ready to join the 2am party?? :)

    ReplyDelete