Well, my computer issues were solved and then my bad computer vibes struck again. Sooooo, we're without a computer again. That means that I use Shawn's work computer most nights just to get caught up on email (ok, ok....and facebook), keep up with the budget, etc. I don't, however, get much time to update the blog, keep up with pictures, etc. So, no pictures this time and it's too late for my brain to try to go back and update on the past couple of months. I'll just stick with the past 24-48 hours, K? K.
We had a busy, but fun, weekend! Thomas spent Friday night and Saturday with Papa & Oopsy so that Shawn and I could go to a marriage conference at our church. It's called The Art of Marriage through FamilyLife Ministries. We really enjoyed spending that time together hearing from some really great speakers via video. After almost 9 years of marriage, this was a great reminder of our commitment to each other and to God, and also made us really think over why we fell in love almost 13 years ago. I would encourage any of you married couples to do things like this when given the chance, or seek them out yourself. FamilyLife also does "Weekend To Remember" marriage retreats at hotels around the country. Maybe we'll get to one of those soon.
Today we went to church, bought Daddy a new golf glove (a replacement Father's Day gift for the wrong glove that we bought originally), and had lunch at Moe's. Our family has a slight addiction to Moe's. I'm okay with that. Anyway, this afternoon, I got to enjoy a baby shower given by Becky, Mom & Whitney at Dad & Becky's house. What a beautiful shower it was!!! Everything was just perfect. I'm feeling incredibly blessed tonight thinking about how special that gathering was. Some of my family from Charlotte was there (even though they've made this trip quite a bit in the past month!), friends from high school and college were there, family friends were there. I felt loved and these special ladies showed me how loved baby Caroline is. It's still a little surreal that all that pink stuff is for us, and boy did she get a lot of cute girly stuff! A huge thank you to the hostesses with the mostesses and everyone who made it. We missed a number of folks who are also so very special to our family.
Well, we are now at 35 weeks and I'm now going to the doctor weekly. That makes it sink in for me that this little girl is on her way soon. Thomas is really getting excited about meeting his sister and I think he can tell it's getting close now that furniture is being moved and all this new pink stuff is taking over our house. :) We'll be getting his big boy furniture this week, which he is also really excited about. As far as Mommy, she is equally excited to meet Caroline, but very uncomfortable. This pregnancy has been very different in many ways. I've been uncomfortable for a while now - that didn't really start until later with Thomas. I haven't gained as much weight this time, which I'm happy about, and doc says Caroline will be "more petite" than Thomas...hmmmmm. I've been having Braxton-Hicks contractions since 20 weeks, so much so that I tend to not even notice them sometimes now. We are now trying to tie up some loose ends like packing the hospital bag, coming up with a plan for when I go into labor (mainly for Thomas' care), etc. So, overall we're not totally ready, but we're ready. Does that make sense?? :) Makes perfect sense to me. She is busy tonight as I write this. As I type I can see my belly dancing all over the place. She pushes to my right side and then pushes to the left. Meanwhile, I feel tiny little baby hiccups. I love that part. Despite the tough parts, I love being pregnant and anticipating this sweet little miracle. She'll be here soon. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment