Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Big 3-0!

I just turned 30 two days ago.  I'm currently at the beach with family so it's been a great week to celebrate.  (More about the beach trip and pictures to come soon)  Just sitting here thinking about the ways that I've been blessed.  I have a child whom I cherish, a husband whom I adore, a family who I am lucky to have and friends who feel like family.

Thirty is a big milestone and one that I wasn't sure about.  I've heard some say it's great and I've heard some lament and say it's really a tough birthday.  I didn't think it would be a big deal, but you never know how things can creep up on you.  Turns out, it's not a big deal....yet.  Maybe I'll have some breakdown in a month when I have to, for the first time, tell someone I'm 30 or fill out a form that places me in the 30-39 category instead of the 20-29 category (although, if you know me, you know I love filling out forms) :)  For right now, I'm happy.  I love my life and I can't wait to see what God has in store for me and my family!

Maybe it's the salty air and the loud ocean and all the relaxation going on, but I feel like I'm ready to tackle my thirties and remind myself of my priorities and the things that are most important.  I want to honor God, take care of my husband and my child, or children should God bless us with more, spend time with and continue to get to know my family, especially those that I don't see as often, and enjoy time with friends.  I'm hoping to have lots of wonderful memories (and, I'm sure, some struggles) to record on this blog in the coming years.  (I hope blogs don't become obsolete anytime soon, since I'm just now figuring this out!)

No comments:

Post a Comment