I've always loved hearing stories from other Mama's about their children when they were growing up, whether that was a couple of years ago or a couple of decades ago. I, unfortunately, do not have a great memory and I've always worried that I would have no such stories to tell because I wouldn't remember them. This blog is a good thing, for that reason. I love the stories about things that children do and especially things they say. When hearing one of those stories from another Mom, you can usually just hear that sweet little, high-pitched voice saying something that makes us laugh and laugh.
Thomas is now really talking a lot and is putting long sentences together. He gets stuck, like a broken record, sometimes while he is thinking of what he wants to say and he repeats things A LOT. He repeats what he says and he repeats what others say. In fact, there are times that I am attempting to discipline him and speaking very seriously to him. Imagine trying to be serious (and patient), while a two-year old is quietly whispering every word that comes out of your mouth.
Some of the very fun and noteworthy things he has said recently:
"Mama, are you?" - translation: "Mama, where are you?" He even says it with a sing-song tone.
"Weee oooo weee oooo weee oooo" - translation: the sound a fire truck makes. He does this sometimes when he sees a fire truck and most of the time at home when one of his toy fire trucks has its siren going. I've seen him, on a couple of occasions, do this for a full few minutes.
"Cinnamon band aid" - translation: "spiderman band aid". When we get a boo boo, we need not just any band aid, we need a spiderman band aid!
"Mama, pincess" - translation: "Mama, princess". A couple of weeks ago Thomas was playing in our bedroom. There is a picture of Shawn and I on our wedding day with Pastor Ray. Thomas noticed this picture, seemingly for the first time, and looked at it for a minute. He then turned to me with a big smile on his face and said "Mama, pincess". Melt my heart.
And the latest funny....
"Mmmmm, delicious!" - No translation needed, he said it just like it sounds. I gave him a banana for snack and he ate most of it. Before one of his last bites, he said "mmm, delicious!"
This kid cracks me up and makes me smile. :)
Great post! Great memories. Great mommy! :)
ReplyDelete