Thomas had his 15-month well check at the pediatrician on August 6. At that point he was 25 lbs 8.5 ozs and 34 inches tall. That is 70% and >97% respectively. He is still a big boy, despite not being a big eater. Don't get me wrong, he eats, but just not as much as I would expect sometimes.
We went on vacation with my mom and my mom's family to Ocean Isle Beach, NC in early August. Thomas loved the sand and played with everyone and eventually warmed up to the ocean by the end of the week. We had a great time spending time with family and relaxing as much as we could and Shawn and I even got to have an afternoon to ourselves, which we enjoyed. (Thanks Meme) We went to lunch together, wandered around a few shops and got ice cream. During the week, we made the trip down to North Myrtle to go to Barefoot Landing, did some shopping and followed tradition by going to Wee R Sweets and loading up on candy & fresh taffy. I think Whitney and I enjoyed this the most!

The week after that trip, Thomas and I took off for a short weekend trip to Atlanta to see my high school girlfriends. We drove to the Charlotte area to pick up Miss Kerie and then the three of us hit the dusty trail. So, how long does it take me, a toddler and a pregnant lady to get to Atlanta?? A long time..... Anyway, we had a great weekend catching up with friends and Thomas had a buddy to play with. Anna Kate is 10 months old and they had a blast together! The drive home was worse than the drive down, so, we'll be flying next time we go to ATL for a visit! :)
Here is Thomas getting kisses from Kerie & Lindsey.
On August 24, I celebrated my 29th birthday. That is crazy to think that next year I will be 30!! Shawn planned a nice dinner out and invited my whole family! It was nice to celebrate with everyone, even if Thomas threw a ball across the dining area. :)
Things have continued to change in our little world. Thomas is continuing to grow up so fast! He now has many words that he will say, usually when prodded to say them. He will also repeat what we say pretty often. Shawn and I will be having a conversation and one of us will say "whew" or something similar and soon after that, you'll hear Thomas repeat the same thing. It's so cute. ...and makes us remember to watch what we say! :\

Thomas is walking very well now and can get wherever he wants to go, and fast! He is a big helper when it comes to laundry. He always helps me move clothes from the dryer to the basket and from the hamper to the washer. He loves balloons and we get one often when we go out, whether it be the grocery store or a restaurant.
Shawn and I will celebrate our 7th wedding anniversary next week. I feel so blessed to be married to him and I know that both of us feel blessed by our precious little family. It has been an exciting year and I look forward to so many more exciting years in our future. Love you babe!
Hope you are all having a great end of the Summer and enjoying the start of football season!!! GO PACK!! :)
ps - I added a link to all of our family photos on Snapfish.com on the right hand column of this page. Check them out! :)
Love it! I just happened to get on the blog today and see you updated it recently. I'm going to forward to Mom again. Most of the pics you post here I haven't seen - they are great! Love you!
ReplyDeleteYeah, I've been watching for an update. It sounds like you've had a great summer. Thomas is so big and cute! I hope we see you soon and yes, GO PACK!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat update, Lauren. It is so hard to believe that Thomas is so big and that he is talking. Now I will have the little fella! Whew- it flies for sure.
ReplyDelete