Anyway, back to the update. Thomas is morphing into a full-fledged toddler (in attitude), this week. There have been a couple of times this week where he is a happy squeeling kid that turns, in a split second, into a screaming, angry, mommy can't do anything to fix it, little boy. It's exhausting! Most of the time I just let him work through it (i.e., ignore it). Yikes!
When those fun times aren't happening, he is a cute kid! He loves to put on his socks and when you do put on his socks he will run and bring you his shoes. I think it's because he knows that means he gets to go bye-bye. He also has started saying "Bless you" ("besh-u") when someone around him sneezes. It is the cutest thing in the world and I must admit, I've faked a sneeze a time or two just to hear him say it. He also loves throwing his basketball and soccer ball around. Last night, Shawn and Thomas were laying on the floor on their backs, right next to each other. Thomas tries to throw the ball up in the air like Daddy and does a pretty good job of it! He also enjoys singing. I often sing "Jesus Loves Me" to him and he will sing with me. The only recognizable word is Jesus, but that's just fine with me!
Oh yeah, something we'll try to get on video is what Shawn has recently taught Thomas. Shawn can say "down, set, hut" and Thomas gets into somewhat of a 3-point stance and says "Hut!". It is so totally cute and, like I said, we'll try to get it on video and share it with you soon.
We were in Wilson a couple of weekends ago with Shawn's family to celebrate his Great-Grandmother's 94th birthday. Thomas got to sit on his Uncle Ryan's motorcycle. I sure hope he didn't like it TOO much! This past weekend, Shawn and I were supposed to go to a friend's wedding and his parents were coming to stay with Thomas. Well Thomas ended up with a fever for a few days so we didn't go, but The Williams' still came up to visit. We played at the park and had lunch at the NC Seafood restaurant at the Farmer's Market. It was a great relaxing weekend.
Here are a few pics: (the updated September family pics are posted. See the link on the right side of this page)


Technically, Thomas gets down into a four point stance. I'm thinking he must have defensive lineman in him somewhere...
ReplyDeleteAwe, I love it all. I love the bless you, I would totally fake a sneeze as well!
ReplyDeleteI love the photo of Thomas on the motorcycle! He looks so comfortable- watch out!
ReplyDeleteI will pray for you with the beginnings of toddlerhood. Please call me- we have been dealing with the ups and downs of toddlerhood for a while. There are such sweet times that come with it, but you are right, it is exhausting! That's what other mommies are here for! :)