Monday, August 11, 2008

No more baby...he's a little man!

Wedding number two went off without a hitch. Ryan and Cassie are officially married. Congrats to both of you! We had fun spending time with Shawn's family and getting to see some family that we don't often see...aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. Thomas did great again, although, I think he was ready to be at his house, in his crib, following his routine. I don't blame him, I was getting tired of the hotel room routine too! :) We met a nice man at the hotel who was our bellhop for check-in and check-out. He has a 2 1/2 year old and a 4 1/2 year old. He had lots of advice to share with me as we rode down the elevator together as Shawn and Thomas went to get the car. His biggest piece of advice was to have another baby when Thomas is 2. Sounds like a plan to me...although right now, it makes me shudder a little to think of me with 2 kids. Anywho, moving along....

Thomas is developing that little personality every day. He smiles a lot more and squeals and makes all kinds of noise. Lately, he's discovered this new noise, I'll call it a scream for now because I can't think of anything else to call it. He can get quite loud and it's somewhere between happy and frustrated. When you hear that, you should move fast...he's about to get mad. That being said, I really am enjoying staying home with Thomas. We have such a good time and it's neat to be able to interact with him and learn all his little quirks. Shawn was playing with him the other day after he got home from work. Thomas was propped up in Shawn's lap, facing him. Shawn would raise his arms in the air and Thomas would follow suit and do the same thing. He did this three times in a row. It's amazing how the little things make you so proud of your little man.
Here he is in his Bumbo. We've just started sitting him in it...he seems to like it so far, can't you tell?


We've had fun playing with our friends, Kendal and Brinley (and Evie, of course), Jennifer and Lilly, and we've seen Aunt Whitney and all of his grandparents. What a blessing it is to have family that lives so close! On August 6th, we passed the 3 month milestone. For some reason, that seems so big to me. To say you have a 3 month old no longer feels like you have a true newborn. He looks like such a little boy now. No more of that newborn look. They sure do grow up fast!!

I'll leave you with this...we went to the pool today with Jennifer (thanks for having us!) and we had a great time relaxing and doing a little swimming. I'm a bad mom...I don't have any pics of T in the water (maybe next time). I did get a picture of the post-swim nap. Michael Phelps better watch out...Thomas Williams is training hard for the 2028 Olympics!!

1 comment:

  1. What a sweetie!!! They are so cute when they are sleeping!

    ReplyDelete