I celebrated my 28th birthday last weekend and Whitney's 24th birthday was this week too. Lots of fun stuff and family celebrating going on! Thomas and I spent the day with Kendal and the girls on Wednesday and we made the most amazing strawberry cake. It was totally sinful but SO GOOD!! Kendal and Evie sang happy birthday to me... awwwww!! It was fun!
Anywho, Thomas has been a busy little guy this week. He seems to have more and more energy. When he wakes up in the morning, he seems to have saved up a lot of that energy and gets his day going with lots of movement on the changing table. He will push his feet down into the changing pad and arch his back. I guess it is even MORE important know, that we not leave his side while he's up there. I'm afraid he's going to launch himself off the thing!
He's turned out to be a pretty smiley baby. He smiles more for me and daddy at home but he's started to smile at friends and family too. What a sweet face! He's also growing a lot. His 4-month appointment is this week, so I should have some updated info to share. In the meantime, we've done a quick weigh in by Shawn getting on the scale and then getting on the scale with Thomas to see how much he weighs. Our unofficial estimate is 17-18 pounds. Big boy... He's also wearing 3-6 and 6-9 month clothes!
Thomas is such a great sleeper at night but he's turned out to not be a great napper (he's like his mommy)! He just cries when I put him in the crib during the day. We're working on it and I'm hoping that it gets better soon or I'm going to go crazy. :) He also experienced his first NCSU football game. Thank goodness he was asleep and didn't witness the carnage. Next weekend is the first home game and Shawn and I will be going but T won't be there with us...lucky for him. ;)
This week, Thomas also found his feet. He grabs onto them a lot and finds them quite interesting...almost as interesting as the TV remote. :) Until next time....
Get that book (Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child)! You will be fine- as great a baby as Thomas is, the sleeping thing will fall into place. Love the b-day pictures, we still need to celebrate friend.
ReplyDeleteYeah, that book has been recommended to us by many people...just haven't made it to B&N to buy it yet... :) Thanks Kristen!
ReplyDeleteLove the pictures!! When are we making that cake again. Or lets tackle another cake!
ReplyDelete