Thursday, September 27, 2012

That's Life

That's what we've been doing. Life. So many things. Too many to name. These children are hard work but I've been doing a lot of reading and praying about how to make sure I enjoy the work. I have the best job in the entire world....by a mile! I mean, look at these sweet faces?!
How do I balance my tasks with enjoying them? There are only so many hours in the day. I've heard to many times to dismiss it: "enjoy these years, they'll be gone before you know it." Thomas is 4. He starts Kindergarten next year. Caroline is 14 months old. She'll be the big sister in April of next year. This new baby in my belly may very well be my baby forever. This may be it.
Lord, help me to honor you in my mothering. Help me to raise the children you've blessed us with to love you and love people. Help me to balance that with being a homemaker, and teaching them skills that will be necessary in this life on earth. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment