While Daddy was away on business, Thomas and I were able to take a quick weekend trip to Hyco Lake with Papa & Oopsy. What a great little getaway it was. It was cool in the morning, but progressively got warmer as the day went on. Papa & Oopsy bought Thomas this sweatshirt when they were at the Naval Academy in Annapolis. Now, it also reminds us to think of my cousin Keyes!
The house was right at the lake and had a little boat house with a canoe and dock. Here is the crew going down to check it out.
Even though I was a bit nervous about having a 2 year old in a canoe, I bit the bullet and did it! He was in a life jacket and my death grip on the straps of the jacket eventually loosened as I got more confident that he wouldn't stand up, throw a tantrum, try to jump out, or all three. :) We had fun being chauffeured around that part of the lake by Papa. I would have helped paddle....but the death grip on the life jacket kind of made that difficult.
We went to a local restaurant to have supper and got a great picture of three generations. Papa, we sure do love you and Oopsy! Thanks for taking us with you!




No comments:
Post a Comment