
Well, here comes Fall! I can't believe Halloween is tomorrow and I can't tell you how weird it is to see Christmas decorations and shelves of Christmas stuff in the stores and malls. I swear, I think I saw a worker at Target setting out some Valentines candy the other day. This is getting ridiculous!
Shawn celebrated his 30th birthday at October 19!! We celebrated by going out to dinner and out on the town with some friends. We had a great time and all-in-all, I don't think the big 3-0 was too traumatic for him. Thomas and I got Shawn a Mario Williams Texans football jersey. It hasn't made its debut yet, but I'm sure it will soon.
We also celebrated our friend Evie's 4th birthday last week. We went to Marbles Kids Museum and saw fish and all kinds of neat stuff. Thomas is obviously a little young and didn't quite know what was going on but we'll be going back when he is older...it is a very cool place!
Thomas has really been learning and changing a lot. He is now babbling a lot. His favorite sounds are "ma" and "ba", which become "mama" and "baba" repeated over and over...and over and over. We're working on "dada" for Shawn but he hasn't quite gotten it yet! He is also sitting up really well these days. He can prop himself up on his own and only tips over every once in a while. I still stay very close because I don't want him bonking his head on the floor too hard. He recently went through a growth spurt and was eating 8 oz bottles four times a day and eating lots of cereal in the morning and a whole container of baby food in the afternoon! He's since slowed down a little but still loves his solid foods. He's made it through all the vegetables and is now working on fruits. He just finished apple sauce...it doesn't seem like he liked it too much but he still ate it. Feeding him can be a lesson in patience but it is a lot of fun.
Thomas smiles a lot and giggles and laughs when we tickle him. He is so much fun and such a good little boy. Overall, his personality is still pretty laid back. He is a very easy-going boy! The only hiccup is napping. As some of you know, he pretty much refuses to take naps during the day. IF he falls asleep at all, it's usually for a max of 30-40 minutes and then he's up crying again. We've tried a few different approaches at this and none have worked yet. So, any great ideas, let me know!! He's currently sleeping soundly after getting only 1 hour of sleep during naps today, total. I don't know how he does it, but apparently we have a strong-willed little boy on our hands!
We hope you all have a fun Halloween and safe Trick-or-Treating! We'll be at the Trunk or Treat event at our church and Thomas and I are getting together with some friends to enjoy treats and take pictures of the kiddies in their costumes. Should be fun! Happy Halloween!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment